Monday, March 11, 2019

Review of Modern HerStory



Image result for modern herstoryModern HerStory by Blair Imani, (195 pages) is an anthology of trailblazing women that is worth reading if you are a feminist, an ally, a supporter, a woman, a man, queer, or just a history lover. I read this book cover to cover in three days and it was so worth it. First off if you do not read this then promise me you flip through for the art. (I give anyone permission to stop reading my review and flip though the art or if this is on the library blog look at the amazon page). If the cover does not draw you in then I understand but trust me the art is so amazing! The artist Monique is committed to diverse representation in her art with all colors and is again so amazing! As an artist myself I love the art and appreciate Monique’s dedication to representation and using many colors. The author Blair Imani is so inspiring as a person and just like the amazing women featured in Modern HerStory. The book was so diverse and such a learning experience for me and I found some more role models and fantastic women to look up to and research. Imani’s dedication shines though in telling the stories of all of these women and they were so easy to read and understand. This book includes a table of contents which summarizes all of the chapters and makes the individual pages very easy to find, it also includes a glossary and index in the back of the book. Reading this book was such a blast and I would recommend this book to all my friends. Modern HerStory gets only high reviews from me!
~ Reviewed by Alexi V., Homestead junior





No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?