Thursday, April 25, 2019

Two reviews of Agatha Christie novels

The Mystery of the Blue Train
Even though I've read countless Agatha Christie books, I thoroughly enjoyed this one. The plot moved along at a nice speed, and the backstory of each character was wonderfully crafted. There's a fantastic twist at the end, and I definitely realize now I underestimated many characters' wits. The ending is revealed quite dramatically though the responses were somewhat hollow. Agatha Christie has an amazing way of introducing completely random strangers and tying their stories together, and this book is no exception to that.
Cat Among the Pigeons
I didn't enjoy this book as much as I thought I would. The plot was quite fast-paced and mysterious, but it lacked the little ingenious details of perception Poirot normally possesses. However, in my opinion, compared to other Agatha Christie books, the characters were better developed and their psychology stayed consistent throughout. The ending was unexpected (as usual), but the background and logic behind Poirot's deduction seemed a little bland. Of course, I hold Agatha Christie up to a very high standard, so this book was still an incredibly good read.

~Posted by a Homestead junior

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?